Monday, October 25, 2010

THE BIG "C" WORD: IT'S BACK!

COMMITMENT! To writing. To sitting down at the computer every day and pounding the keys to form some meaningful story. I committed to all the citizens of Cyberkingdom that I was going to write 50,00+ words in 30 days. Piece of cake, right?

My computer screen taunts me...ummm... mainly because it's blank. My brain kicks off random thoughts that don't make sense. I put on brown shoes this morning instead of black. Ok, the last one is expected since I'm colorblind but you get my drift.

Then, out of nowhere a story comes. It builds in my spirit. Characters jump right out of my mind and into the room. They tell me about themselves. The good, the bad and the unbelievable. They spill out from the depths of their souls to an audience of one.

I suddenly realize hours have passed without notice. It's dark outside. Sunday football games have come and gone on TV and I don't even know who won. Did I eat dinner?

NaNoWriMo. The month of the novel. It's definitely going to be a wild ride! Follow me as I create Long Journey Home.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, friend! Hang out at the MBT NaNoWriMo board and we'll cheer you on!

    Question--if you're colorblind, how do you know you wore brown shoes instead of black?

    ReplyDelete