Monday, November 8, 2010

NaNoWriMo UPDATE

No more blank screen. Lots of words on the page. 12,000+ after 7 days! Not bad... well, at least the word count is where it should be.

I've had a blast, keeping that number in my head while I pound the keys of my own NaNoWriMo work in progress. I realized a couple of things:

1) It helps to just get it out of my head and onto the paper. Terri Blackstock was absolutely right when she said, "don't get it right, get it written!"

2) As I write, I think of all kinds of ideas that will enhance what I thought was a great plot.

3) It's hard to resist the urge to go back and edit. But after seven days of not allowing myself to go backward, I think I've gotten the hang of it.

If you haven't signed up for NaNoWriMo, consider it. It's a lot of fun. I'm met a lot of people. Very supportive folks who, like me, are watching those word counts and creating an exciting first draft.

Act one is in the history books.

The plot thickens.....

No comments:

Post a Comment